Travelling is not only adventurous but also a stress reliever. You meet new people, learn new cultures and expand your knowledge of the world we live in, through regular travels. The world is so fascinating that you cannot fail to discover some pretty enchanting realities. On account of this, we will mention a few amazing travel facts.
Interesting Facts to Blow your Mind
- Ethiopia uses a different calendar from the rest of the world. The first day of the year in Ethiopia is usually either the 29th or 30th of August. In addition to this, based on the country’s calendar, they are 7 to 8 years behind. While the rest of the world is in 2021, the year in Ethiopia is 2013.
- Just before a flight, the pilot and the co-pilot take different meals. In case of food poisoning, only one of them will have stomach upsets.
- Traveling from East to West is in line with how our brains function and moving in this direction makes the day longer. On the other end, the day seems shorter when moving from West to East. Therefore, such travel worsens jet lag.
- Only 1% of Libya is not a desert.
- Of all the airports in the world, one-third of them are all in the United States of America.
- Saudi Arabia is one of the few countries in the world that does not have a single river.
- Pluto is the smallest planet in the solar system while Russia is the largest country in the world. Interestingly, Russia is bigger than Pluto.
- The diameter of Australia is wider than the earth’s moon.
- The area of Vatican City is only 44 hectares, making it the smallest country in the world. On top of this, it has a very small population of between 850 and 900 people.
- The world has numerous lakes but 60% of them are all located in Canada.
The above amazing travel facts make you view the world in a whole new light. Consequently, it is possible to feel like you barely know much about the world. This should be enough inspiration to tour the world and discover more mind-blowing realities.